Data Privacy Day, also known as data protection day, is celebrated on January 28 every year. It is recognized mainly by European countries, so it is known as data protection day in Europe.
Many people hack our data and personal information, which is troublesome for an individual. Therefore data protection day is celebrated to make people aware of the importance of protecting their data and maintaining the privacy of their personal information.
For every individual, this data Privacy Day holds great importance because nowadays, it’s very important to protect every piece of information.
Let’s in the article make people aware of the importance of data privacy. Also, if they are unaware, it’s never too late; they can gather information now and celebrate it in the upcoming year, which is Data Privacy Day 2023.
Also Read : Global Family Day
History of Data Privacy Day
The requirement for data privacy is the same old thing or special to the advanced age. Our data has been in danger for a long time.
Individual information has been gathered, controlled, and shared or sold for a long time, then controlled further for benefit by banking foundations, item makers, ideological groups, not-for-profit associations, promotional firms, surveying gatherings, carriers, supermarkets, credit offices, and numerous others.
Advanced innovations have simplified the assortment of individual information, both lawfully and illicitly. Moreover, with 4.66 billion individuals on the planet who are dynamic web clients, there is a boundless measure of unstable information ready to be stolen.
The displeasing truth is that many people who approach our information don’t require it. These computerized outsiders with authentic admittance to our information are the individuals we should keep from getting to our data since they don’t require it.
Data Protection Day is an important reminder for any individual on the lattice,’ meaning they utilize any computerized gadget under any circumstance and think having spam programming and firewalls are guarding their information.
Data Protection Day reminds us to deal with individual data like cash. It has worth, and we want to safeguard it. Our lives rely upon it because, occasionally, they do.
Also Read : World Braille Day
Data Privacy Day Timeline
- First International Treaty (1981): Show 108 for protecting people’s information is agreed upon.
- First Data Protection Day (2006): Started by The Board of Europe, the principal International data Privacy Day is noticed.
- Data Privacy Day comes to the U.S. (2008): Seen as an expansion of European Data Privacy Day in Europe, Data Protection Day advances toward the U.S.
- It’s Official in the U.S. (2009): The United States House of Delegates perceives National Data Privacy Day.
- U.S. Congress designates National Data Privacy Day (2014): Senate Goal 33 is taken on by Congress, pronouncing January 28 as National Data Privacy Day.
How to Celebrate Data Privacy Day?
1. Commit to protecting the privacy of your data:
The first thing to do on this day is, if you are not protecting your data, then you should go and protect all your data.
It would help if you began taking the privacy of your data seriously. You should accept that protecting the data in advance is better, as protection is better than cure.
Commit to the responsibility today to learn something new every day about information security and afterwards make the strides essential to guarantee the protection of your data.
2. Learn about the “Internet of Things”:
In today’s world, it is very important to have a command of the Internet to protect or maintain data privacy.
The Internet of things includes smartphones, modems, TVs, cars, refrigerators, home heating and air conditioning systems, smoke alarms, baby monitors, home alarm systems, etc.
If you have command of all these, you can protect your data. Make the fundamental strides today to forestall the important information to synchronize these gadgets from imparted to the people who might need your information yet needn’t bother with your information.
Also Read : World Hindi Diwas
3. Share your knowledge with the new learners:
If you share your expert knowledge with people interested in learning, it will help many people. You can also create awareness among them about world Privacy Day.
You can take classes or create videos, and upload them for people who are willing to learn about data privacy. We notice that the senior citizens of the countries lack data privacy knowledge.
Therefore they are the main and prime target of hackers around. So, it’s very important to protect these vulnerable people and tell them the importance of data Privacy Day.
4. Conduct a workshop:
If you are the youth of a country, you, as a responsible citizen with the motive of protecting society, can focus on conducting a workshop at different places may be in school, college, etc.
You should conduct even in front of students of classes 5 and 6 as we know early birds mostly get the worms. Making them aware at an early age will help a lot, and they will become knowledgeable, which is very important.
Five Ways to Protect your Data
- Tend to your operating systems and software: Ensure your PC and cell phones are running the most recent adaptation of working frameworks and programming.
- Update your privacy preferences: Routinely audit and update your internet browser’s protection inclinations, erase any threats, and clear the store.
- Reset your home network router: Switches that empower remote gadgets to interface with your home network access are defenceless against hacking, as well — assuming you lease a switch from your internet service, call them to check whether you are qualified for another one or for help to refresh your on-going switch’s settings.
- Update Account Passwords: You should create different passwords for different accounts. Also, update the passwords frequently.
- Assuming that you have a lot of records and find it trying to monitor various passwords, consider buying into a secret word generator instrument that creates irregular passwords for every last one of your records yet expects you to recollect ONE in particular.
Each of us is aware that it’s very necessary to create awareness among people about data Privacy Day. They should aim at a target in the upcoming year.
Which is data protection day 2023; they will create awareness about how to protect the data among their family to safeguard their personal information so that they can happily wish each other a happy data protection day.
Also on Trending :
Data Privacy Day
World Religion Day
International Zebra Day
International Day of Commemoration in memory of the victims of the Holocaust
International Lego Day
Winnie the Pooh Day
International Mind-Body Wellness Day
World Introvert Day
International Public Domain Day
International Owl Awareness Day
World War Orphans Day
World Logic Day
World Typing Day
World Leprosy Eradication Day
Global Word Search Day
International Customs Day