International Day of Happiness is celebrated every year on March 20th. When making a small inquiry and we ask people what they wanted in Life, most of them would reply that they wanted to be happy.
Happiness has got a different definition for everyone. Some would be happy spending time with family, some spending time with friends, some find Happiness in shopping, while some find Happiness in having their favourite food, some find Happiness in pursuing their career, for some people living in their dream home would give Happiness.
On this International Day of Happiness 2023, let us understand the main theme of Happiness that Happiness is not just about being happy ourselves but how many are happy in their lives because of us.
Also Read: https://www.allworldday.com/hug-day
Activities to bring Happiness in someone’s Life
- Take a day off from work, spend time with your family completely, and make them happy.
- Try to talk to one important person in your Life each day for at least 5 minutes.
- Take regular breaks from routine work and spend time with yourself.
- Try to plan for a small vacation with friends or family every year.
- Being healthy gives you happiness, so make sure you take good care of your health.
- Don’t let other people’s opinions rule your Life; just plan it your way, and that way, you can organize things well and be happy.
- Spend quality time working for an NGO or being busy with charitable work.
- Help someone in need in your ability even before they approach you.
- Don’t put too many expectations on Life; people let the flow go as it is.
- Spend your money only on the important things or people who give you true Happiness, and your expenditure will have a purpose.
International Day of Happiness 2023 Theme
The International Day of Happiness 2023 Theme is Keep Calm, Stay Wise, and Be Kind. It is one of the best themes that one should follow. No matter what happens in Life, we should keep calm and think about the solution.
A calm mind can solve any problem or issue. We should stay wise and be wise both in our words of expression and our actions. We should be kind to everyone we meet and thankful for everything we have in our Life.
Once we are happy and content with whatever we have, we will automatically be happy.
Also Read: https://www.allworldday.com/rose-day
International Day of Happiness Quotes
Let us brighten our day with a few famous Happiness quotes:
- “There is no path to happiness; happiness is the path.”- Buddha.
- “I have chosen to be happy because it’s good for my health.”-Voltaire.
- “They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: Someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.”-Tom Bodett.
- “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” –Marchel Proust.
- “Happiness is a state of mind. It’s just according to the way you look at things.”- Walt Disney
An Amazing Story about Happiness
Once there was a rich businessman, but he was never happy. He has everything that is needed: money, successfully running a business, a big villa, luxury life, but he still feels something is missing in his Life. So, one day he met a sage and told him about his problem. The sage thought for some time and asked the man to return to him the next day to find the solution to his problem.
The next day when he went to the sage, he saw that the sage was busy searching for something in the garden, so he volunteered to help the sage; the sage said that he had lost his ring and was searching for it. In order to save time, he also started searching for the ring along with the sage. After spending some hours they could not find it. The man felt exhausted and started enquiring about a few details about the ring.
The sage told him that while working in the hut, he lost his ring; since it was dark in the hut, he began to search for it in the garden. The man was astonished and told the sage how we could search for a thing in a different place than lost. The sage smiled and said, exactly, now you got to know the real thing; how can you search for Happiness outside when it has to be inside you. The man understood the sage’s wise words and learned an important life lesson.
He understood that Happiness does not lie in earning much money but in sharing and helping people in their need. So, from that day on he started spending his time and money on charitable works and began to help people. The more people he helped the happier he became. So, the story’s moral is that Happiness is all about sharing and caring.
History of International Day of Happiness
International Day of Happiness is observed annually as part of the work done by the United Nations and Action for Happiness, a nonprofit group made up of people from 160 countries. The movement’s ultimate objective is to raise awareness that progress should not only focus on increasing profits or stimulating economic growth but also on well-being and human Happiness. In 2011, the UN General Assembly adopted a resolution making happiness an important objective as an economic opportunity. Two years later, 193 member states of the UN celebrated what would become known as “International Day of Happiness,” an event that has continued since.
All take some time from our busy schedule and be happy and make others happy on this International Happiness Day; it’s because Happiness is contagious; every time we share Happiness or do something for others to make them happy, Happiness doubles. Let us be thankful and show our gratitude to all the important people on this day. Let us be kind and helpful to everyone we meet.
Get List of Important days in March, Visit : https://www.allworldday.com/important-days-in-march/