Taj Mahotsav one the most awaited feasts of India which celebrated in February from the 18th to the 27th. It organized at Shilpgram, near the Eastern gate of the Taj Mahal.
It celebrated for 9 days and tells about India’s arts, crafts, cuisine, dance, and music. The Taj Mahal a historical place that considered to the most beautiful place in India, which shows incredible India.
The Commissioner of Agra Division organizes this feast. Agra is a city that is the capital of New Delhi. Agra situated on the bank of River Yamuna. First recognized on the world map by a famous geographer, Ptolemy. In the year 1504, Delhi Sultan, who was Sultan Sikandar Lodi, accepted the presence of Agra.
The Mughal rule began in 1560 when Agra called Akbarabad and was the capital of the Mughal Empire under Emperor Akbar, Jahangir, and Shah Jahan. Every year the date and timings of this feast, Taj Mahotsav, planned and marked on the calendar.
Generally, this Mahotsav commences from March 20th to march 29th. The timings start at 10 am and end at 10 pm. This Mahotsav held at Shilpgram, famous for handicrafts in Agra.
The Taj Mahotsav 2022 Theme:
Its theme is “Aazadi ke Amrit Mahotsav sang, Taj ke rang”. Here Aazadi ke Amrit Mahotsav shows us the elixir of energy of independence; it also means the solution for inspiration of the freedom fighters’ hard work, extraction of new ideas and pledges, and a mixture of Aatmanirbharta.
This festival celebrated by a road rally where animals like elephants and camels decorated for walks. These animals decorated with the victory processions of the Mughal emperors. Other performances like trumpet players, folk dancers, skilled craftsmen, and people with drum beaters organized along with rallies.
All the country’s artists join this mahotsav to show their art and skill. The theme of this feast inspired by the Mughal era, the nawabi culture of UP from the 18th century.
This theme, Aazadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, organized by the Government of India, which took the initiative to remember and celebrate 75 years of independent India and its magnificent history, culture, people, and achievements.
The Taj Mahotsav 2023 Theme
Its theme is to organize different programs, musical programs, and gatherings for cultural programs and foodies. Uttar Pradesh state provides a source of tourism for different craftsmanship all over India.
This feast dedicated to showing and exploring the country’s art, craft, culture, cuisine, and music. This festival serves as an acknowledgment to the artists of the nation. Taj Mahotsav also called the “Gala Carnival” of UP. It is a platform for artists who can display on a public platform.
Taj Mahotsav of India has the following attractions, which anticipate the events of North India. This event explores the rich culture, artists, spiritual legacy, etc.
(1) Art and Craft: Indian art like stone and wood carved items, handmade carpets, marble décor, bamboo and brass items, handloom clothes, Lucknow chikan clothes, Banaras, etc., are all explored.
(2) Culture: The well-known, popular artists gather at this Mahotsav to perform here. Celebrities like Kumar Sanu, Usha Uthup, Jasbir Jassi, etc., come to perform. All the famous folk singers and dancers grace the event.
(3) Cuisine: Other than the marvel Taj Mahal, Agra considered the home for street food, cuisines, and dishes that will enlighten the taste buds. Famous dishes like petha, stuffed parathas, dalmoth, shawarma, etc., are available here in the Mahotsav.
(4) Fun, Frolic, and Fair: Many fun activities organized at this Taj Mahotsav. Children wait for camel rides and elephant rides at this festival. Huge swings, different roller coasters, and Ferris wheels are also waiting for children. Adotrip.com is the travel partner that gives full-time assistance for a trip to the Taj Mahotsav. Here flights are at great deals; exciting packages are also available.
The Taj Mahotsav ticket price for adults is 40 rupees; for a student group of 100 with two teachers, it is 400 rupees, and for foreigners, it is free of cost.
The following are the quotes that inspire people to explore Taj Mahotsav:
(1) “The Taj Mahal rises above the banks of the river like a solitary tear suspended on the cheek of time, ” said Rabindranath Tagore.
(2) “Not a piece of architecture, as other buildings are, but the proud passions of an emperor’s love wrought in living stones.” said Sir Edwin Arnold.
(3) “Did you ever build a castle in the Air? Here is one, brought down to earth and fixed for the wonder of ages, says Bayard Taylor.
(4) “It appears like a perfect pearl on an azure ground. The effect I have never experienced from any work of art, says Hodges.
(5) There are two kinds of people in the world, those who have seen the Taj Mahal and love it, and those who have not seen the Taj Mahal and love it. I want people to watch the Taj Mahal and fall in love with it, says Bill Clinton.
(6) “A massive marble structure, without weight, as if formed of ether, perfectly rational and at the same time entirely decorative, it perhaps the greatest artwork which the forming spirit of mankind has ever brought forth, said by Count Hermann Kesselring.
(7) If I had never done anything else in India, I would have written my name here, and the letters would have a living joy, said, Lord Curzon.
The main motto of the Taj Mahotsav is to advertise the creative art of craftsmen and shows a platform to explore their skills. We can log in to the website for more details about the Taj Mahotsav.
In 1992, Taj Mahotsav celebrated first in Agra in February. The Department of Tourism, Government of India, organized it. This festival is to promote the nation’s art.