RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS AWARENESS DAY is observed on February 2 annually. In 2013 people started observing this day. This day brings awareness to all people who function daily with pain and misconception about this arthritis disease.
A chronic inflammatory disorder affecting the joints, including the hands and feet, is the main symptom of RA. The body’s immunity system attacks its tissue, including joints. In severe cases, it attacks internal organs in rheumatoid arthritis.
Joint linings and painful swellings are the effects of Rheumatoid arthritis. Physiotherapy and medication can help slow the disease’s progression, but there is no cure for rheumatoid arthritis. An autoimmune condition, which means it’s caused by the immune system attacking healthy body tissue, is Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Also Read : World Logic Day 2023 : Theme, History, Quotes, Date, Facts
Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis:
Tender, warm, swollen joints, Joint stiffness that is usually worse in the mornings and after inactivity, Fatigue, fever, and loss of appetite are the first symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis.
The effects of RA are in more percentage in women than men. The reproductive and hormonal factors will play an essential role in increasing the effects of the disease in women. Family history and genetics also can cause Rheumatoid Arthritis.
When is Arthritis Day observed?
World Arthritis Day is observed on October 12. World Arthritis Day is a global health awareness event that helps create awareness about rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases.
This day’s importance is gathering people worldwide on one platform so that their voices are heard and more support is given for better treatment for people with rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases.
World Arthritis Day plays an important role in inspiring people, medical organizations, and governments to spread awareness worldwide.
Also Read : National Nothing Day 2023 : Theme, Quotes, History, FAQs
The Rheumatoid Arthritis Day’s Theme
“It’s in your hands; take action.” The aim is to tell the victims and their families that they are not alone and that we all stand with them. More than 120 types of arthritis seen, but osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis the most common.
The ribbon’s body indigo-colored, representing wisdom, knowledge, and infinity. This negative side meant to call attention to the role that understanding and awareness play in this sometimes misunderstood diagnosis.The lining of the ribbon is gold.
There are three types of rheumatoid arthritis, and they are:
- Rheumatoid Factor Positive RA
- Rheumatoid Factor Negative RA
- Overlapping Conditions. Rheumatoid arthritis affects the lining of your joints, causing a painful swelling that can eventually result in bone erosion and joint deformity. The effects associated with rheumatoid arthritis can also damage other parts of the body.
How is Rheumatoid Arthritis Awareness Day 2023 going to organized?
Rheumatoid Arthritis Awareness Day 2023 on February 2, 2022, the voices of many people with the rheumatoid disease will heard, affecting more than 2millions of Americans.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Awareness Week takes place between September 12 to September 17. An annual event to raise awareness of the situation and its impact on suffers and their families.
September is Rheumatic Disease Awareness Month (RDAM), an initiative created by the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) to raise awareness about more than 90 rheumatic diseases, including arthritis and lupus.
Arthritis Awareness Month is an excellent opportunity to draw attention to a disease that affects 400 million people worldwide, including 7 million Canadians. Rheumatoid arthritis doesn’t go away. This disease is going to stay for the rest of your life.
Knowing the symptoms can be difficult sometimes. These times of feeling better will come and go. RA is a severe disease in which your immune system mistakenly attacks your body’s tissues and causes severe joint pain, stiffness, severe Fatigue, and sometimes deformity, usually in the hands, shoulders, knees, and feet. Herbs and other supplements, specialized oil therapy, herbal pastes, castor oil, etc., treat RA in Ayurveda.
Also Read : National Hat Day – Sunday, 15 January, 2023
The following are the important Quotes on Rheumatoid Arthritis Awareness Day:
- Rheumatoid arthritis is just the beginning of a series of other diseases and mobility issues. Take care, and never ignore the early signs.
- The pain of Rheumatoid arthritis can only understood by those who have withstood it. It is one of the hardest to endure. Treat yourself immediately to get rid of this disease and live free.
- On this Rheumatoid arthritis day, let us take an oath to ensure that we treat all the diseases in the best possible manner and get rid of the pain.
- Every patient who has Rheumatoid arthritis is a warrior because the pain isn’t easy to handle at all. Help the victims come out of the pain during this rheumatoid awareness week. Many adults affected by arthritis, but only a few types can cured. The main motto of arthritis treatment should be slowing the progression of the disease and controlling the symptoms.