Significance of National Productivity Day in India
National Productivity Day 2023 in India celebrated to promote the productivity culture of India. This national productivity day observed on February 12th every year.
From February 12th to February 18th, the nation celebrates National Productivity Week, which the National Productivity Council organized.
On June 20th every year, World Productivity Day celebrated worldwide, which reflects the role of being productive. Today, people need to and have been inspiring society on how to be more productive. Productivity means the efficiency of the output of goods and services.
National Productivity Day Theme 2023
It decided after observing the productivity of the year 2022. The theme is “From Waste to Profits-through Reduce, Recycle and Reuse.”
The concept of national productivity Council was established on February 12th, 1958, under an individual body under the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, and Government of India.
This national productivity day tries to inspire and show productivity and Quality in all the country’s sectors. The theme of National Productivity Day 2023 was “Self-Reliance through Productivity.”
This means this day tries to spread awareness of the need to raise productivity or maximize productivity with less resource consumption.
Also Read : World Leprosy Eradication Day 2023 : Theme, History, Quotes, Slogans
National Productivity Day 2023 or National Productivity Week has the following objectives:
- Inspiring to implement productivity tools is the main motto.
- To update the methods with contemporary concepts.
- To improve productivity, competitiveness, Quality, and efficiency.
- Can conduct seminars and quality events.
- Make people gather at a place to inspire productivity.
National Productivity Day 2023 Quotes
Quotes inspires employees of all sectors to work hard to achieve success.
The following quotes:
- “Focus on being productive instead of busy.” said Tim Ferriss.
- “Productivity is being able to do things that you were never able to do before,” said Franz Kafka.
- “Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” was told by Paul J. Meyer.
- “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” was told by Bruce Lee.
- “You don’t need a new plan for next year. You need a commitment.” said Seth Godin.
- A wind that blows aimlessly is no good to anyone.”–Rick Riord.
- “Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is specifically your own.”– Bruce Lee.
- “Create with the heart; build with the mind.” – Criss Jami.
- “It is not enough to be busy. So are the ants. The question is: What are we busy about?”– Henry David Thoreau.
- “Far and away, the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.”–Theodore Roosevelt.
Role of National Productivity Council :
National Productivity Council a huge organization that started in 1958. The Ministry of Commerce and Industry takes care of National Productivity Council.
National Productivity Day also observes the National Productivity Council, and the formation celebrated on this day. The National Institution mainly shows the productivity culture of India.
National Productivity Council registered under the guidance of the Societies Registration Act XXI in 1860. An Inter-Government body Asian Productivity Organization (APO) has many constituents, and this NPC is one of them.
APO has founder members in which, and India is one of them. NPC inspires by showing solutions for improving productivity, benefits, and competitiveness, ensuring better Quality and safety in any sector.
NPC has contributed to the development of the economic sectors of the country. Fields like Industrial Engineering, Agri-business, Economic services, Quality management, Human resources management, information technology, and energy management are pursuing consulting and training services by NPC.
Present president of NPC is Shri Piyush Goyal. The Director General of the National Productivity Council of India is Shri Arun Kumar Jha.
Also Read : Global Word Search Day 2023 : Puzzle, Theme, Celebration, Quotes
What is the main motto of NPC?
The main motto of NPC is to increase the nation’s productivity and provide services with an agenda to maximize the usage of available resources like employees, raw materials, and power .this council strives to secure the people of the country.
The following are the functions of NPC:
- To have the constitution and rule its guidelines.
- To follow the basic laws governing criminal offenses, civil connections, state modules, and other issues.
- Have the power to elect and decide to appoint and remove the members of central state organs.
- To deal with state issues.
Productivity Day Meaning when a task completed or gets the desired output that helps to finish any project in any sector. This tells society to have self-disciple, willing power, patience, and a sincere effort to take you toward productivity.