International Women’s Day is celebrated on March: 8th globally. Women play different roles both at home and at the workplace. She is very good at multitasking. Her strength and energy levels keep everyone around her inspired. She is a mother, sister, wife, daughter, friend and colleague. Women have much patience, and they handle things better when making important decisions. These days we see women playing a prominent role in society equally with men. In all fields, women work to balance their personal and professional lives.
International women’s day History
International Women’s Day started in 1908; on the day, 1500 women marched through New York City expressing their demands for making their working hours shorter, paying them better, and they should also be given the right to vote. In 1975, the United Nations started celebrating International Women’s Day. In the year 1977, an official announcement was made by the UN General Assembly as March 8th to be celebrated as International Women’s Day. The prominence of the day is to support women’s rights and global peace. The short form IWD also knows as International Women’s Day.
International Women’s Day Significance
Since women contribute a lot to society and their families, it is essential that we have to acknowledge her sacrifices, her time and her dedication. Therefore, this one day can be dedicated to them. Let them enjoy some free time from their daily chores and works. Let them spend some time with each other and treasure some happy moments. This way, the women can be more inspired and be given a chance to spend some time for themselves. These days we see that International Women’s Day is celebrated in every office and every colony with different activities. A woman plays various roles like teacher, doctor, artist, dancer, scientist, re-creator, manager, health officer, economist, director, disciplinarian, lecturer, pilot, police, and nurse, and the list is never-ending.
International women’s day Activities
International Women’s Day activities can planned depending on the time adjustment and the number of women present. So many activities would entertain women and give them happiness. The exercises should designed as per the workplace or if the celebrations will take place in the apartments. I have a few activities in my mind, so I would like to share them with you now; please let me know if you have some activities to conduct on this day. Activities can conducted in schools, colleges and workplaces. The day can dedicated entirely to them.
Activities that can conducted
- Every woman can given a choice to showcase her talent, let it be dance, cooking or any art.
- Musical chairs can conducted so that it would be much fun and time spent together.
- A treasure Hunt can also conducted by hiding some one-gram gold jewellery, or any designer purse and women can asked to go around and search following the clues.
- A lunch or dinner treat can given so they need not cook for a day and can happily enjoy their meals.
- Depending on the budget, some memory gifts can presented to each woman, letting them cherish their gifts.
- You can conduct a musical ball game, and in that, they can come forward and narrate their inspiring life story and the challenges they overcame.
- Guess the movie name written on the chit where the partner would tell the movie name only with actions, and the other partner has to identify it correctly.
- You can play Anthakshari, sing all your favourite songs with the letter ending and have fun.
- Guess the food item by blindfolded. The one who guesses it correctly will given a small present.
- Two truths and a lie, you would be telling about yourself two truths and a lie, and your group of friends would have the task to identify which is truth and which is a lie.
International Women’s Day Quotes
- A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman, But the search to find that voice can be challenging- Melinda Gates, Philanthropist.
- Women are like tea bags. We only know our true strength once we are in hot water.- Elenor Roosevelt.
- A strong woman a woman determined to do something others determined not to done.- Marge Piercy.
- Think like a queen, and a queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness. Oprah.
- We need women who are so strong they can be gentle, so educated they can be humble, so fierce they can be compassionate, so passionate they can be rational, and so disciplined they can be free.- Kavitha Ramdas.
International Women’s Day Theme 2023
Women’s Day Theme 2023 is “DigitALL: Innovation and technology for gender equality”. The theme is providing equal opportunity for women in technology and other innovative fields. Women have already proved that they are not less than men and can equally contribute to the welfare of society irrespective of the area. Many different activities will conducted on this day throughout the world, highlighting women and equal opportunities.
Being busy daily, we only get a little time to spend with our loved ones. So, let us take some time on this International Women’s Day and try to meet as many as possible, the most influential women of our life. We can get them gifts and take them out for a movie or lunch. Let us show them that we care for them.
Let us show that we acknowledge their sacrifices. If you have young girls at home, then you may gift some books to them on this day and lead them and motivate them on how inspiring women are in every field and every walk of life. You can also give them examples or show them some inspiring movies from history till date. The day has to spent so that every woman we see on the day should have a broad smile and feel proud of being a woman.
More like that, visit : https://www.allworldday.com/